Skip project categories
Welcome to the CAPE Portal at Children’s National Medical Center! The Children’s Academy of Pediatric Educators was founded in 2010. Our mission is to recognize excellence in educational scholarship and leadership, promote educational research, support innovation in teaching, and serve as a community of practice for health professions educators committed to providing optimal patient care.
1) To Barbara Jantausch for winning the prestigious Elda Arce Award!
2) To Cara Lichtenstein, Lanre Falusi and colleagues for their Top 10 Medical Education article Using a Community Bus Tour for Pediatric Residents to Increase their Knowledge of Health Disparities published in Academic Pediatrics August 2018 at the PAS meeting!
3) To Neha Shah, Priti Bhansali, Dewesh Agrawal and colleagues for their Top 10 Medical Education article Children With Medical Complexity: A Web-Based Multimedia Curriculum Assessing Pediatric Residents Across North America published in Academic Pediatrics Jan-Feb 2018 at the PAS meeting!
4) Congratulations to the Infectious Disease Division and the Division of Hospital Medicine for winning the Resident Golden Apple Award!
5) Congratulations to Ian Chua for his 2019 Best MHPE Thesis Award at the University of Illinois at Chicago for his thesis entitled "How Medical Student-Led Debrief Interviews of Hospitalized Families Influence Learning and Reflection."